We’re looking for a dedicated and highly knowledgeable back-end web developer who’s also up for working on some app design and internal systems.
- Specialised Back-end role
- Flexible working
- Wide variety of clients - from major corporations to small businesses
- App development opportunities
- Salary up to £40k
With clients across a wide variety of sectors, you will be part of an award-winning team, working on projects across food & drink, tourism, architecture, retail, oil & gas and much more.
In this highly specialised role, you’ll work closely with our Front-End Web Developer to create robust, fully integrated websites of varying sizes and complexities and find solutions for all client requirements. You’ll have strong experience of server management and a keen understanding of web hosting and CMS work - particularly Craft 3.
App development and the creation of bespoke internal digital products should also be an area of ambition and enthusiasm for you. We’re looking for someone with expertise who also sees beyond traditional web solutions, and this is a great next step for someone in web development looking to carve out their niche while retaining a strong variety of projects.
You should be eager to create the best work you can, within a diverse group of designers, developers and marketers and always looking to add to the teams approach and quality. Also, you need to be a good egg - ready to challenge, collaborate and get stuff done.
We would like to see a strong portfolio of work demonstrating an eye for detail, passion for creating great online experiences and with an understanding and enthusiasm for current and upcoming web technologies.
We are determined to make websites work for users and owners through brilliant design, well-judged user experience and a planned out content strategy - and these sites must be built upon solid frameworks. You and your skills will be vital in delivering this and expanding our offering.
- In-depth Knowledge of Craft CMS and subsequent/related technologies
- Server Management (Apache/nginx/Linux)
- Version Controlling/Code Repositories - Preferably Git
- Back-end web development experience (commercial projects)
- PHP 5/6/7
- Application development experience
- Configuring and using MySQL databases - MySQL 5.6+
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends and techniques
- Experience with any of the following: WordPress, ExpressionEngine, Shopify, Statamic, Joomla, E-Commerce
- Understanding of SEO and best technical practices
- Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- GSuite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail)
Email email@example.com with your CV and examples of recent live work you have been heavily involved in.
Or just drop in for a coffee to check us out. If you're not interested, pass it someone who maybe is. Thanks and goodnight.