We are looking to recruit a key new addition to our growing team - a highly knowledgeable full-stack web developer with experience of project management and ambition to progress into a significant leadership role in a busy studio.
- Full-Stack Web Developer role
- Flexible working
- Wide variety of clients - from major corporations to small businesses
- Strategic Planning and Project Management duties
- Salary up to £40k
With clients across a wide variety of sectors, you will be part of an award-winning team, working on projects across food & drink, tourism, architecture, retail, oil & gas and much more - and this is a role that requires a ‘bigger picture’ strategic perspective.
In addition to working with our web developers on new websites for a variety of clients, you’ll also take the lead on our strategic development and growth - both in terms of technical offering and as an overall business. A keen understanding of the digital landscape is important, and our Technical Lead will be responsible for ensuring that FortyTwo Studio remains fully engaged as technology progresses.
We’re looking for someone with expertise who also sees beyond traditional web solutions, and this is a great next step for someone in web development looking to take on greater responsibility while retaining a strong variety of projects.
You should be eager to create the best work you can within a diverse group of designers, developers and marketers, and always looking to add to the teams approach and quality. Also, you need to be a good egg - ready to challenge, collaborate and get stuff done.
We would like to see a strong portfolio of work demonstrating an eye for detail, passion for creating great online experiences and with an understanding and enthusiasm for current and upcoming web technologies. You should display this knowledge, a firm grasp of project management and offer ideas for future development.
We are determined to make websites work for users and owners through brilliant design, well-judged user experience and a planned out content strategy - and these sites must be built upon solid frameworks. You and your skills will be vital in delivering this and ensuring that FortyTwo Studio’s technical offering fully meets the highest industry standards.
- Track record of project management
- Experience of management / leadership roles
- In-depth Knowledge of Craft CMS and subsequent/related technologies
- Server Management (Apache/nginx/Linux)
- Version Controlling/Code Repositories - Preferably Git
- Back-end web development experience (commercial projects)
- PHP 5/6/7
- Experience with any of the following: WordPress, ExpressionEngine, Shopify, Statamic, Joomla,
- Configuring and using MySQL databases - MySQL 5.6+
- Browser / Usability Testing
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends and techniques
- Application development experience
- Understanding of SEO and best technical practices
- Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- GSuite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and examples of recent live work you have been heavily involved in.
Or just drop in for a coffee to check us out. If you're not interested, pass it someone who maybe is. Thanks and goodnight.